Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2006, ford E-250 will not start. There is no power to

Customer Question

My 2006, ford E-250 will not start. There is no power to dash lights, Battery is good and battery connections are clean and tight, All fuses in two boxes verified good.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: I turned the key, it went bump and no power anywhere since
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, checked all fuses, battery and battery connections
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Seems like there is a fuse or link between the battery and fuse boxes that is not good, if so, where?
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your response. I was able to id and repair the problem while waiting on Just Answer. After being asked the third time to answer "what is your problem" I gave up on Just Answer and continued to troubleshoot with success. Please disregard my request. I am sorry to have bothered you. Larry
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

No problem Larry. Glad to hear it is all fixed!