Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

The air was working when I drove to work one morning. When I

Customer Question

The air was working when I drove to work one morning. When I left to go home, and since, it only blows hot air.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2012 F350 Powerstroke
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will probably take it to the Ford house. The problem is they are 2 weeks behind.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not to my knowledge. I was wondering if it could be a relay or fuses, something simple.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. have you got a A/C pressure tester? because every thing works off the refrigerant pressures, what you can do in the mean time is check the drive belt for slippage, see if there is any oily wet spots on any A/C lines or condenser, check the a/c fuse. see if you have power to the relay when switch is on, jump the relay to activate the A/C compressor.Hope this helps if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.o If you have an owners manuel it should show fuse location either in main fuse block driver's side or behind lower passenger front kick panel.