A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance

Is the abs on an 02 f-250 tied to the wiper circuit,I only

Customer Question

Is the abs on an 02 f-250 tied to the wiper circuit,I only have 4to5 Vic on pin 5 of the wiper motor plug
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Yes I've checked the fuses 33 and 106
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Why would i only have 4 or 5 Vic on pin 5 that says it should be hot at all times
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I tried a new motor
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 month ago.

The ABS and wipers are on completely separate circuits.

Check fuse 54 in the dash fuse box. It sends power on the Dark Green wire to pin #5 of the wiper motor. If you have 12 volts there on fuse 54, then disconnect the wiper motor connector and check the voltage with the wiper motor unplugged. If you still only get 4 to volts on pin 5, then remove fuse 54, disconnect the battery and check the continuity between pin 5 and use 54 using and OHM meter. If the voltage on fuse 54 is 12 volts and pin 5 is 4 to 5 volts, you have either a bad dash fuse box of high resistance in the wiring between the dash fuse box and the wiper motor connector.