Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Sometime it cranks and wont start. just does it ever once in

Customer Question

Sometime it cranks and wont start. just does it ever once in a while. no check engine light on
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: There is no light on
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I talked to the original owner and he didn't have any problem. He a ford mechanic, he mentioned maybe some the high oil pressure. I cant remember what he called it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It just seems odd that is does it randomly. It started today and I had a guy take it on a test drive and when he got back it wont start. It's almost like it does after maybe it warms up.. It only has 120,000 miles.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1FTSW21P36EC83827
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It starts most of the time but once in a while it just cranks. Usually I can go out later and it will start.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Sorry, this is a diesel engine. I will leave this open for other experts. Good luck!