Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2009 ford sport trac adrenaline. The brake service light is

Customer Question

2009 ford sport trac adrenaline. The brake service light is coming on. I checked and replaced all brake pads. Need to check the emergency brake shoes to see there condition. Any other thing I shoud verify?
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Level is fine
JA: What is the model of your '09 Ford?
Customer: Sport trac adrenaline
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I changed the front pads and disk. Replaced rear pads.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Every thing else looks to be working ok. Just that the brake service light comes on.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The brake warning will come on for low brake fluid or the parking brake applied. There is a sensor for both of these which can be to blame for this warning. The shoes and pads would not cause this warning. If you own a volt meter I can help you test these.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What sensor?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not believe in this, I see every thing is going to be charged. Please cancel my application and do not charge my account. Did not like this and do not trust it as I see it.

There is a parking brake sensor that detects if the parking brake is in the rest or any percentage of applied setting and a sensor on the brake fluid reservoir that detects the brake fluid level.

If you have concerns about your account, which I am not allowed to respond on, not being an employee of Just Answer. You can use the contact us link at the bottom of your page.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris