Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2006 Ford F-150 Intermittent loss of electrical power while

Customer Question

2006 Ford F-150 Intermittent loss of electrical power while driving - Codes B1352, B1318, B1892. PLEASE don't answer with code descriptions (I have those). I'm looking for a Ford Tech who has actually seen this problem AND fixed it. Thanks.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Hello, The codes are kind of generic in their description as you already know. The ignition key in code you can basically ignore, it has to do with the key in chime on the key cylinder and has no affect for your concern. The 1892 for the airbag tone is basically set when the airbag lamp doesnt work when the key is turned to on and prove out. When that happens the airbag module should give an audible tone to alert you there is an issue with the airbag system. The low battery voltage code just means the IC is reading a low battery voltage. So my questions are, does the airbag lamp work? Does the battery lamp work when the truck is started and goes out? Have you checked the battery and charging system? When you say a loss of electrical power, what exactly happens?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Do you need more help with this concern?