Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

New alternator and battery but still not charging looking

Customer Question

New alternator and battery but still not charging looking for fuses for altenator
JA: Will the battery hold a charge? Do you know the fuse number?
Customer: No I read about a visible link and a mega fuse and no lights are dimming while driving and radio comes on goes off along with headlights
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 01 ford escape
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and I've replaced alternator and battery
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's all I know
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. allow me a few moments to llo up some information about this issue. thanks

what size engine?

???

hello???

do you still need help????????

DO YOU STILL REQUIRE ASSISTANCE??

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

A vehicle not charging would run about 2 hours then die. Based on what you have wrote that does not appear to be happening. Can you tell me the battery voltage while running and the voltage on the large alternator wire while not running?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris