Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

2012 f150 supercrew front windows stopped working, looking

Customer Question

2012 f150 supercrew front windows stopped working, looking for information on how system communicates
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
drivers switch assembly replaced
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

You have the master switch ,BCM (body control module) , and the motor regulator .

if you have a new master switch, you need to inspect wiring at the front door between it and the cabin the wiring harness going to the door for a broken ground wire or power wire

I sent you all the diagrams needed to show you the flow of circuit

did you unhook the window motor by any chance , because if you did it needs initializing

Window Motor Initialization NOTE: Initialization is required to learn both the full UP and full DOWN positions and the profile of the glass as it travels through the glass channel. Once initialized, obstacle detection is enabled. This procedure is only required for LH and RH front window motors. NOTE: The front window motor must be de-initialized, then initialized whenever the front window motor is removed from the window regulator drum housing, a new window regulator is installed, a new window glass is installed, a new top run is installed or for any operation in which grease or lubricants are applied to the window regulator or glass run. NOTE: A new (original factory setting) or de-initialized front window motor cannot operate in one-touch up mode until initialized. If a new front window motor has been installed, proceed to the initialization procedure. NOTE: If diagnosing a LH or RH front window switch problem, carry out the window initialization procedure before installing a new window switch. NOTE: All front window components (window glass, window regulator, window motor, seals and glass top run) must be installed and tightened to specification before carrying out the initialization procedure. NOTE: Excessive bounce-back (window reverses direction with no obstructions present) can indicate that a de-initialization procedure may need to be carried out. De-Initialization Procedure NOTE: The front window motor must be de-initialized (reset to its original factory settings) before carrying out the initialization procedure. 1. Turn the ignition ON. 2. Operate the window control switch in one-touch mode and remove power from the window motor while the window is moving by one of the following methods: 1. Disconnect the vehicle battery cable while the window is moving. 2. Remove the LH or RH front window motor fuse while the window is moving. 3. This de-initializes the window motor and reset the window motor to its original factory settings. 4. Carry out the initialization procedure to turn the one-touch-up feature on. Window Motor Initialization WARNING: Keep objects and body parts clear of the glass panel when carrying out the initialization procedure. During the initialization procedure, the glass panel closes with high force and cannot detect objects in its path. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury. NOTE: The front window must be in the full OPEN position for this procedure to operate correctly. NOTE: If the initialization procedure is only partially completed, the front window motor remains de-initialized and operates only in proportional up/down and one-touch-down modes. 5. Turn the ignition ON. 6. Activate and hold the window control switch in the UP position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds into the glass top run and release the switch. 7. Activate and hold the window control switch in the DOWN position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds at the bottom of its travel and release the switch. 8. Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch-up and one-touch-down features.

© 2016 ALLDATA, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use (Version 2.0.13801)

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back & we will continue

If you are good , kindly rate me.

A Positive rating is much appreciated

This post will stay open for you even after you rate me, for you to come back and ask any follow up question you may have on this issue

Thanks You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
if the rear windows are working then would ground be ok?

If the rear are working not necessarily, there is ground for front is different than rear looking at circuit.

Is both front window not working or only driver ?

have you tried giving power to motor straight is it working?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
from the master switch, both front (drivers and passenger) are not working at all
front the passenger front switch not working
rears work from master switch and rear switch's
by the diagram, on master switch it has (1) + and - If those didn't work, then rears would not operate I am not seeing the second unless your talking about motor ground-but one motor ground would not cause both windows inop
also you didn't send diagram for passenger side front unless I am missing it...
I have not tested anything as of yet, trying to figure where to start, very likely both motors went out same time, both fuses for front good with power (pass kick panel-is that bcm or power distribution)

No it is not possible both went out

Unplug the BCM and inspect connector .passenger side, I sent you link for location diagram

Most cases i see is master switch or BCM & The window regulators motor usually drivers go out first ,depends on usage but rare 2 a t same time

are you getting power on the red wire going from bcm to power window motor left front when you press on window switch.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do you have diagram for front pass side motor circuit?
by looking at everything, my gut says bcm, the diagram for bcm is bad quality cant determine location
is bcm where the fuses are pass front kick panel or is that power distribution?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
does new bcm need to be programed if I replace?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1s3plox2ez8k4us/zz%20zford%20Passenger.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1sh4wml5fl8oa3/zzz1.gif?dl=0

it will be passenger foot kick panel below glove box on the right side of the frame ,you have to take the trim covers off

I have included the link for the passenger side circuit & send it in my drop box also maybe you can see it better

If you are good , kindly rate me.

A Positive rating is much appreciated

Thanks You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
if it turns out bcm, does it have to be programmed?

Yes it does need programing so the pcm can see it , or it want work .

It will need a ford scanner or equivalent

Removal NOTICE: Electronic modules are sensitive to static electrical charges. If exposed to these charges, damage may result. NOTE: Prior to the replacement of the Body Control Module (BCM), it is necessary to upload the module configuration information to the appropriate scan tool. This information must be downloaded into the new BCM (Body Control Module) after installation. For additional information, refer to Section 418-01 See: Information Bus. In the event that As-Built data entry is required (BCM (Body Control Module) will not communicate), all Integrated Keyhead Transmitters (IKTs) devices must be programmed. A minimum of 2 devices are necessary to complete the configuration and turn off the flashing interior lights. 1. NOTE: This step is necessary only if the BCM (Body Control Module) is being replaced. NOTE: If installing a new BCM (Body Control Module), all vehicle keys are erased during the parameter reset procedure. Verify at least 2 of the vehicle keys are available prior to carrying out this procedure. Upload the module configuration information from the BCM (Body Control Module). For additional information, refer to Section 418-01 See: Information Bus. 2. Remove the passenger cowl side trim panel. 3. NOTE: The upper 12A581 harness BCM (Body Control Module) (B+) connector may be more easily removed after the BCM (Body Control Module) brackets and bolts are removed and the BCM (Body Control Module) can be positioned lower and away from the body in order for the connector release tangs to be accessed and pressed. Disconnect the 7 BCM (Body Control Module) electrical connectors. 4. Remove the in-line connector wiring harness push pins (2) from the BCM (Body Control Module). 5. Remove the 2 bolts and the BCM (Body Control Module). 6. Remove the BCM (Body Control Module) front bracket and the 2 BCM (Body Control Module) brackets from the BCM (Body Control Module). Installation 1. Install the 2 bolts and the BCM (Body Control Module). - Tighten to 2 Nm (18 lb-in). 2. Install the in-line connector wiring harness push-pins (2) on the BCM (Body Control Module). 3. Connect the 7 BCM (Body Control Module) electrical connectors. 4. NOTE: If the BCM (Body Control Module) was not replaced, this is the last step that is necessary. Install the passenger cowl side trim panel. 5. NOTE: Once the BCM (Body Control Module) Programmable Module Installation (PMI) is complete, follow the scan tool's on-screen instructions for performing the Configurable Engine Immobilizer (CEI) Lock Configuration. Download the BCM (Body Control Module) configuration information from the scan tool. For additional information, refer to Section 418-01 See: Information Bus. 6. NOTE: If a new BCM (Body Control Module) is installed, the BCM (Body Control Module) and the PCM require a parameter reset to allow the BCM (Body Control Module) and the PCM to recognize each other. NOTE: If equipped, the vehicle's IKTs (Integrated Keyhead Transmitters) must be programmed to the new BCM (Body Control Module). If installing a new BCM (Body Control Module), carry out the parameter reset and key programming procedure See: Antitheft and Alarm Systems > Programming and Relearning. For additional information, refer to Section 419-01B See: Antitheft and Alarm Systems. 7. Train the tire pressure sensors. For additional information, refer to Section 204-04 See: Wheels and Tires > Mechanical > Wheels and Tires. 8. Carry out the BCM (Body Control Module) on-demand self-test to confirm all DTCs have been cleared.