Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I believe my main relay switch which is under my hood went

Customer Question

I believe my main relay switch which is under my hood went out and I don't know where the location is for it and which one I need to buy to replace it.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: bat is good and had my altenator replaced..has over 150,000
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2006 ford focus
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just need the main relay part number so I can replace it to see if my a/c will work
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that should be it..the a/c worked before I tried to charge the battery and I believe it is just the main relay under the hood that needs to be replaced
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

What is the vehicle doing or not doing? What exactly if your concern?

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!