Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have an 03 expedition. the "check charging system" warning

Customer Question

I have an 03 expedition. the "check charging system" warning keeps coming on and off along with the red battery light. The alternator is a couple of years old. I have had the system checked under load three times and everything shows normal. I replaced the fuseable link battery between the battery and alternator as well. Still have the problem. Battery charges and stays charged. Also, the time on the entertainment system changes to --/-- after the car is turned off and sits for a while. The needle gauge on the dash never moves. it is right in the middle of H and L
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Are you wanting to try and diagnose this yourself?

Do you own a volt meter?

One possible cause is the wiring from the alternator to the instrument cluster.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris