Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles

I have a 2004 Ford Expedition. Can't figure out how to reset

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Ford Expedition. Can't figure out how to reset the backup aid. When I put it reverse, it say to check backup aid. When I hit reset it does nothing.
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've reset it before but can't remember how. It's not broken. I just need to know how to reset it.+
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

1-you need to check the connector on the sensors are you getting power to it, did the wire to it got pinched at the rear bumper

2-and also have the park aid modules scanned to retrieve fault codes , to know what is failing , most cases a sensor will be failing intermittently

3- you can try cleaning them with a wipe from outside

if it is the first time it happens , you can try resetting it manually if you dont have a ford scanner or equivalent

by this below procedure ,But a scanner is recommend , doing it manually ,you will loose the radio ,so will need to make sure you have the security code for it in manually after you connect battery .

Master Reset Procedure

1-Disconnect battery ( Both Cables ,The Negative & The Positive Cable )
2-Touch Cables together and hold 60 secs and let go
3-Hold Brake pedal down 10 secs
4-Wait 15 minutes and then Reconnect Battery
5-Close all the doors ,hood & trunk .
6-lock the car with key from driver door ( IF your car is Equipped with a bladlless key then just locked with the keyFob
7- Unlock car & Start your vehicle & check the parking aid

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back & we will continue

If you are good , kindly rate me.

A Positive rating is much appreciated

This post will stay open for you even after you rate me, for you to come back and ask any follow up question you may have on this issue

Thanks You
Chad Farhat