Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Will a 96 mazdas 4 cylinder motor or 5 speed transmision fit

Customer Question

will a 96 mazdas 4 cylinder motor or 5 speed transmision fit into a 95 ford probe 2.0L with also a 5 speed
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I dont think anyone has tried to do this swap so this can be difficult in some cases to post for sure from here if this can be done.The wiring and computer controls are all different which we know these would need swapped out.Most likely motor mount brackets and mounts obtained to fit for the engine and transmission.The radiator may need swapped out to match which in turn the radiator supports need swapped out.

The biggest thing is looking at the room in your engine and transmission bay area on the vehicle and doing some measurements to see if they will fit.If they have enough room to fit you might be able to get all of this done.One other thing is axles wont match up most likely so you may have to have a drive line repair facility see if they can take both axles from both models to make them fit.I wish I had more info on this but this is a difficult question to answer fully from here.it can be a long and extensive install.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete