Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2002 F-150, 4.6 W, with 164,000 miles. Vehicle stutters or

Customer Question

2002 F-150, 4.6 W, with 164,000 miles. Vehicle stutters or acts like it is skipping during idle, when accelerating and a little when just cruising. I have replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter. Went to a transmission shop to eliminate the possibility of a torque converter going bad. Not getting any codes and the check engine light is not on.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Have you had a basic tune up done to the vehicle? Maybe you just have bad secondary ignition components causing the engine to run rough.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Actually, I installed new plug packs (Accel) and plugs. Possible that one of the packs is bad. However, this was a sudden occurrence (4 months after installing the packs and plugs). Drove to the store with no problems. I left the store headed to work and the truck started skipping. A few minutes ago, I just pulled the line off of the EGR and the truck continued to idle normally. I put the line back on and then pulled the line from the solenoid. Got vacuum from the engine side. I then pulled a P0403 code. Bad EGR?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

It is possible! Also, just because the plugs are new does not mean they are good. I have seen bad new plugs right out of the box

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No further assistance is needed. Thanks.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

Excellent! So I must have answered your questions? If so, please dont forget to rate. Have a great day!