kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I ran my 2003 ford taurus hot for 10 miles. A diagnostic

Customer Question

I ran my 2003 ford taurus hot for 10 miles. A diagnostic test says low compression. It is very hard to crank/start.Plus coolant is entering the motor and needing to replace anti freeze everyday. My question is please list All the motor parts that are needed for a complete overhaul!
Category: Ford
Expert:  kalamykid replied 3 months ago.

To do a complete over haul on this engine you will need Rod bearings Main bearings, A new cam and lefter set, timing chain and gear set, oil pump, cam bearings, complete gasket set, head bolts, Water pump, pistons and rings to match, and you will need to take the block and heads to a good machine shop and have them reworked. You ca not order your parts till the machine shop tells you what size pistons and bearings to get.