Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

It won't start. The anti-theft light flashes. Dealer said it

Customer Question

It won't start. The anti-theft light flashes. Dealer said it was a bad cluster. Cluster was replaced, vehicle ran OK for about a week, now we have the same problem
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: No, and no. I will try that
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2007 Explorer Sport Trac
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried to fix it myself, I was just looking for possible solutions to the problem on the internet and came across your website. I am frustrated with the dealer. I originally brought it in 3 weeks ago. After one week they said it was good, I had a problem after 2 minutes in the vehicle. They then replaced the cluster which took a week. Then I used the vehicle for 1 week problem free, but I am now back to my original problem. I hope this makes sense.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes re checked since the issue has re occurred to see what codes are setting with this fault here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will try to find out what code(s) came up. I am waiting to hear back from the dealer about it, so it may take a while
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

O.k.,if you can get me this info this will help.If you cannot let me know as well.

Thanks Pete