Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Coil pack not firing at two towers

Customer Question

coil pack not firing at two towers
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what engine liter size is in this model here?

Did this issue occur with the old and new replacement coil pack?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thats why i change out the coil pack
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

O.k.,can you tell me what liter engine your model has?I see options of 2.3,3.0 and a 4.0 liter.

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
just give me some ways to fix the problem
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it was code po352
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
3.0
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

The PCM (engine and transmission computer) controls the coil signals.If the coil was replaced the next thing to check is the wiring from the PCM to the coil and make sure the wiring and coil is o.k.If this is all o.k. then this can be due to an internal electrical fault in the PCM itself.I have seen PCM failure in some models in the past before cause this issue here needing replaced.Below is a diagram for your coil system.I do not suspect a cam or crank sensor issue as this would usually affect all spark.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxrqyyzf0cwjf85/coil-08-24.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
are you still there
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Yes,I posted above.Let me know if you received the answer.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

No problem.Must be a web site issue I will post it again below.

Thanks Pete