Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I thought I would reach out w a problem my mechanic and I

Customer Question

I thought I would reach out w a problem my mechanic and I are scratching our heads about .
I have a 99 f250 turbo charged 7 .3 . 348 k miles . It runs like champ . Recently after an interstate drive when we got off the fwy the oil pressure gauge dropped to zero . It would come up to normal at a slightly above idle in the rpms, but at idle it drops to zero . My trusted mechanic did an oil pressure check w his equipment which showed no more than two pounds pressure .
He replaced : the sensor, the oil pump that had a mini scratch in it, the pick up tube that didn't show any flaws in in as well as installed a factory made oil filter .
He then reassembled engine and now it shows 5 pounds which is still shy of the 7 pounds required to activate the oil pressure gauge . The main bearing seals were checked while the engine was apart and appear fine . Now I'm being told that the only thing left is the cam shaft bearing seal . Which will require yet another engine removal charge of $ 2100.00.
I would be very interested to hear your thoughts .
As a further note the engine doesn't burn oil or leak and like I said before runs like a champ .
Thanks,
Bruce
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Vieira replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome, My name is ***** ***** I will be working with you on the issue ar hand.

Have you tried the oil filter base? It is the part the filter screws into it has a relief valve in it.