Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2006 ford freestyle, ac not working well on passenger side,

Customer Question

2006 ford freestyle, ac not working well on passenger side, blowing cold on drivers side. replaced scroll valve in old unit, didn't fix. Replaced entire ac system, flushed and recharged. Still difference in temp on passengers side. Replaced heater blend door acutuator next. Is there an a/c temp. switch that needs to be replaced? This Freestyle has dual climate controls.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: No leaks, recharged with freon.
JA: Are you fixing your Freestyle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Mechanic replaced entire a/c compressor and other components that came with a complete exchange kit
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: a/c does work better when driving at higher rpms, but the passengers temp. is not the same
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 5 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. sounds like your mechanic is shooting in the dark. if he replaces enough parts something is eventually going to fix it. the very first thing to do is a recalibration of all the actuators. allow me to find this procedure. thank you.

see if this procedure works for you. its for ford digital dual climate control systems.

http://www.ford-taurus.org/taurusinfo/Reference/eatc_self_test.pdf

do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have not had the opportunity to go through the 83 pages yet that were sent.

well i believe in testing and finding the problem. not spending your money and replacing everything in the entire system and not fixing something while emptying your wallet. seems to me a good mechanic would do the same. let me know if you need further asistance. thank you.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The previous tech has opted out. Would you like me to help with this possible blend door stuck issue or HVAC control issue?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.