Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

It will not shift out of park? My l, Nope the red valet

Customer Question

It will not shift out of park? My l
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up? What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Nope the red valet light was flashing .
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 2015 Ford Edge
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Didn't know what to try
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No car is in the garage. I went out just now to run to the store
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

With the brake pedal pressed are the brake lights on? If so then we need to work on the shift interlock on the shifter to address this. Have you tried the manual release which is covered in the owners manual, if so did that allow you to shift from park and drive the vehicle?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris