Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Stalls on hot day ck fuel pressure it was 40 + when hot also

Customer Question

stalls on hot day ck fuel pressure it was 40 + when hot also ign to plugs good takes about one hr before it willstart
JA: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: it started doing this at 15000 miles and is at 160000 miles was serviced about 5000 miles back i have ck every thing and the only thing is the injector fuel lines get to hot to touch can not hold your finger on them but for a moment
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1995 f 250 XLT*****
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i an a master mechanic maintenance supertendent for a large company that has equipment from d 10 cats to bobcats highway trucks down to small vehicles 75 forklifts 100 farm tractors and the list goes on that 460 has been a real pain in the butt 80 degree day no problem get much above 80 and problem starts easer to tell you what has not been changed THE FAN
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: would it help to change the fan???
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Hello, have you run a diagnostic check for codes with a scan tool? When it wont restart does the check engine light turn on when the key is turned on and turn off when cranking? Automatic or manual transmission?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!