Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2006 F150 5.4L gas truck. when the truck gets to

Customer Question

I have a 2006 F150 5.4L gas truck. when the truck gets to operating temperature and i try to slow down, go into drive or rev the engine vibrates and will shut off. when i first start it it is a bit rough for a few seconds but then idles fine until reaching op temps. I have changed the cam phasers, spark plugs, cam sensors, has new oil. I am lost on what to do next.
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. unfortunately you are one of thousands and thousands of 5.4 triton engine owners who are experiencing the same issues. there is actually a class action lawsuit against ford for this engine, I have been able to only fix one of these out of 5 that has been brought into my shop with those symptons. the very first thig that needs done is a compression test. then we can go from there.