Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I have a Ford F150 2010 when you start the truck you get 3

Customer Question

I have a Ford F150 2010 when you start the truck you get 3 chimes, five times in a row then it goes off. About 30 minuets later it will repeat and keep repeating. The dealer could not find the problem, there are no codes on the computer. We tried wd40 in the locks checked the air pressure. Before it was doing it once a month but now almost every day.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is anything after market installed on your vehicle at all with this issue?

Are you seeing any messages on the dash with this chime issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no after market products installed
no messages on the dash
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Does this occur with both front seat belts locked/belted in even if no one is in the passenger seat?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,this is a difficult one for me to diagnose from here as the chime info chart on this isnt describing what this chime is.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The previous tech has opted out. Would you like me to help? This could be a concern with the RCM indicator.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris