Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My wife put her 2006 Ford Focus wagon in reverse to back out

Customer Question

My wife put her 2006 Ford Focus wagon in reverse to back out of a parking space between two other cars. It reversed just fine. After she put it in drive, it rolled backward into the curb, it being on a moderate incline. The engine continued to run, but there was zero power, as though it were not engaged at all. She cut the engine and tried to start it again. The key now turns, but there is no clicking or any other sound. The electrical seems fine -- lights, radio, windows, fan. The reverse lights are on when the key is turned. Any idea what the problem is? I'd really like to know the best sort of repair shop to have it topped to...
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

In order to determine if the problem is a transmission concern or an electronic control issue you are going to need to start first with having the system scanned to see what the fault codes and or codes are that should be setting. Any good repair shop should have the equipment to do the diagnosis as well as your local Ford dealer.