Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

When I used a code reader I got the codes p0135 and p1131.

Customer Question

when I used a code reader I got the codes p0135 and p1131. ive been reading up on the symptoms of what my car may have and I have all of them. revs up while i'm sitting still, and recently while driving my car wont want to give gas and sometimes like stalls out on me.
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: yes and yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 97 ford contour. and it has stalled while driving and at idle.
JA: Are you fixing your Contour yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my friend suggested it could just be dirty, so I have taken it apart where he had showed me and tried cleaning it off (even though it seemed pretty clean to me) and put it back together but nothing has changed so i'm thinking it is just an old part needed to be replaced
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's basically all I know.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!