Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2011F550 6.7L, 60061 miles, going right down the road and

Customer Question

2011F550 6.7L, 60061 miles, going right down the road and quit, will crank but will not start no lights or codes, what do you think it could be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 months ago.

Hello, did the vehicle run rough or shut off like the key turned off?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was running good, and then acted like there was no throttle, and then shut off. Since I ask ? the oil pan has been pulled and it is full of bearings, I have no Idea of what went wrong, the truck has never even flinched once since I bought it new, Thank you for getting back to me and I will let you know what ford finds so it may help you if you ever hear of this again.
Expert:  James replied 2 months ago.

Hello, If there is bearing metal in the pan its very possible the crankshaft broke.