Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet

I am getting a p 2198 trouble code o2 sensor signal stuck

Customer Question

I am getting a p 2198 trouble code o2 sensor signal stuck rich bank 2 sensor, as well as a misfire code in number 6 c, recently changed out both spark plugs and fuel injectors.
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: before I changed them all out I was getting it on the number 4, it was stalling and shaking
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 ford f150 4.6l
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am. I am going back over things to make sure that nothing came loose or wasn't connected properly.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a scan tool that will monitor fuel trim data?

I would check the following:

Inspect the connections of the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor, air cleaner assembly, air induction tubing, air filter element, etc. and address as needed.

If the MAF and intake air system all appear to be ok, duplicate the conditions suggested by the freeze frame data to verify that the LFT and/or SFT values are showing double digit negative readings at that time. Disconnect and plug the Canister Purge (CANP) solenoid vacuum lines when the trim values drop negative to see if the SFT readings start going positive, suggesting the CANP solenoid may be mechanically sticking open.

Check fuel pressure with a mechanical gauge and compare to the value of the Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) sensor on the scan tool to determine if the FRP sensor is providing truthful fuel pressure information. Replace the FRP sensor as needed.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

I just wanted to check and see if you need additional help with this. If not please don't forget to rate.