Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Have a 2009 ford lariat with 6.4 I'm sure went to a shop and

Customer Question

Have a 2009 ford lariat with 6.4 I'm sure went to a shop and 3 injectors were put in were told they were bad now when you start truck cold it will fire up run 2 seconds then die and will not restart for a while. Only code it gives is p2290. Where do I need to start checking
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also it was originally taken to shop because of a broken rocker what would cause this
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, allow me sometime to pull up some info

it appears that this is a huge problem with this engine and lifter tick wont be long before it dies. too bad you have to pull the whole engine apart to replace the lifter. they are known to break rocker arms before bending a push rod. the rockers have plastic fulcrum clips and doesn't take much to destroy them. chances are you have a bent push rod also on the cylinder with the broken rocker.

I would check that push rod first before going any further.

any progress?

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** is for low ICP pressure which is injection control pressure. This code can be thrown for a faulty sensor or harness or an actual low pressure problem. unplug the ICP sensor when there is a no start to see if the engine will then start in default mode as the ECM will resort to default settings when the ICP is unplugged. If it starts replace the sensor. Click on this link for the testing and troubleshooting specs to check your fuel pressure and actual ICP pressure. Let me know

Troubleshooting