Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

The headlights stay on even with key out and switch off for

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, the headlights stay on even with key out and switch off for my quigley 2012 ford e350
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: yes, pulled all the fuses is there a headlamp relay on these cars?
JA: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well trying to find the problem myself haha pulled all relays, all fuses found fuses which turned off headlamps but plugging them back in they came back on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if this occurred intermittently at first or all of a sudden?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, the web browser froze but we figured out the issue. On this model, the parking light switch always sends a GND in all three positions: Off, Parking lights, and headlights. When the SCM loses a GND signal for more than 5 seconds, headlights come on and stay on for ten minutes.I confirmed this by grounding one of the wires from the switch and the headlights turned off. I took apart the switch, found a slightly worn trace, soldered across it and we are good to go now.Thanks.

Thanks for getting back with me on this. If you need anything else in the future please let me know.