Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I set my admin key to mykey. Do I need to purchase a new key

Customer Question

I set my admin key to mykey. Do I need to purchase a new key and have it cut and programed as admin?
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No the truck is brand new
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2015 f350 diesel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I though I would surf the net to see what others have done. No luck. The dealer is closed till Monday.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

How many keys do you have that will start the vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I ordered one more OEM "remote type"
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
off the internet last night.

When you have 2 keys that will start the vehicle. One of them has to be the admin key. Are you sure your spare key is now not the admin key? Yes you can get another key and program it to the vehicle at home without a scan tool.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris