roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have a 2001 Ford Expedition. When at a stop light the

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Ford Expedition. When at a stop light the pedal begins to slowly soften and the truck will inch forward unless more pressure is applied to the pedal. There are no leaks in the system, pads and rotors are good...and I have changed the master cylinder twice (once with an Autozone brand, and then again today with a motorcraft brand). I bled the brakes as well...and interestingly the right rear had pressure on the first bleed, but then no pressure for the next few times. I went back to it again after bleeding the other wheels and it had pressur again. It this air in my ABS?
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 9 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

abs is a control system. the fluid and lines are still the same.

try using 4 pairs of plastic pliers and clamp off each wheel at the brake hose. then try the pedal with the engine running and see if the pedal still drops. if it does, it is either the master cylinder or air in the lines. if it does not, then release one pair of pliers at a time until the pedal sinks. it will tell you the wheel that has the issue. it could be a hose, caliper or frozen slides

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 9 months ago.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy