Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2005 Ford Expedition. I am having what seems to be

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Ford Expedition. I am having what seems to be two issues. First the engine sometimes cuts off while backing up, idling, or moving at slower speeds. Sometimes it feels hesitant or might lose some power when traveling and I give it gas. I took it to a shop. They checked the "check engine" code and told me the EVAP purge valve needed to be replaced. Since it was easily accessible, I did this my self. This did not fix the issue although it does seem some better and does not cut out quite as frequent.
The other issue is that Fuse #11 keeps blowing. This disables the a/c from blowing cold air. I've replaced it several times and it blows sometimes instantly but more often lasts a few days. The shop told me the two were related, but I'm not sure that's accurate.
Any open you might have is greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 months ago.

Hello, is fuse 11 inside the vehicle?