A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance

My Windows will not roll down. I have a 2013 Ford Edge. The

Customer Question

My Windows will not roll down. I have a 2013 Ford Edge. The driver switch will not roll any window down. However, if the door is open and the part between the door and the body ( don't know the name ) is push on with the door open, they will roll down. When you close the door, it won't roll them down !!
Category: Ford
Expert:  SuperDave replied 2 months ago.

Looks like you have a broken wire in the wire harness in the driver door jam.You will need to expose all the wires at the door jam and inspect them for any signs of chafing or you might have a loose electrical connection.I will look at the wiring diagram and see what wire could be the problem.I will get back to you shortly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay.. Thank You so much. I will be waiting on your response. My guy friend is willing to help me, if you can get me some answers.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 2 months ago.

Inspect for a solid blue colored wire and a solid black wire. One of these wires is breaking when the door is closed. Pull the rubber boot back to expose the wires and pull on each wire one at a time to locate the broken one. Then add 4 inches of wire to the broken end and feed it through the rubber boot to the other side of the broken wire and splice it back together.