Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

My 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition would intermittently not

Customer Question

My 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition would intermittently not start. Fixed a battery terminal (red side). The battery tested fine and when I turn the key on it starts most of the time. The times it doesn't start all dash components come on but there is no sign that the engine is getting the message to start. Instead I hear a whirring/clicking sound from under the right side dash. I believe this is where the computer is located. The computer was replaced about 2 yrs ago. Several minutes or hours later it'll fire up normally. What do yua think this is?
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 2 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

do you have a volt meter to do some checks???

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  roy replied 2 months ago.

can you get one to do some tests??

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
not for a few days.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The previous tech has opted out. Would you like me to help with this possible starter relay or starter motor issue.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have not gotten an answer!

Thanks for responding and letting me know your still needing help.

Do you have a volt meter now so we can do some tests when it will not crank?