kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

Ford F150. V6 4.2. I'm having problem.with cylinder 3 P303.

Customer Question

Ford F150 . V6 4.2. I'm having problem.with cylinder 3 P303. Misfire . Replaced spark plug. Switch wire. Replaced coil pack with other truck still same code. N it stalls during idle n vibrate while on low rpm or on low speed. Any help attached are the pictures.
Category: Ford
Expert:  kalamykid replied 3 months ago.

The first thing I would like to see if you can do is start the engine and let it get up to normal operating temp of at least 195-210 degrees please and then send me a snap shot of the fuel trim.

Then I need you to hold the gas pedal all the way to the floor and hold it there for 5 seconds, the rev limiter will kick in and the fuel trim should go back to 0. then let it idle for 2 minutes and take another snap shot of the fuel trim please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will tomorrow

Thank you. Can you also do a compression test on all three cylinders on that side?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I do compression test ?

You will have to pull the spark plugs out of all the cylinders, use a compression tester screwed into each hole one at a time and turn the engine over till the needle stops climbing, then go to the next cylinder. here is a link to what a compression tester looks like.

http://www.autozone.com/loan-a-tools/compression-tester-gauge

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was broken rocker arm. Fixed it

How did you find the broken rocker arm?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just took the rocker cover off n found ut. I wanted to see if anything wrong inside

I am glade you found the problem and it was not to bad of a job to fix it.