Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I'm having an issue with my 03 F350. It has a Warren Diesel

Customer Question

I'm having an issue with my 03 F350. It has a Warren Diesel Competition Plus Tranny put it within the last year as well as a DCP triple disc torque converter within the last year. Studded, deleted, the whole nine yards. Today I had it stall on me out of the blue, and now it will not shift into gear. What is going on and why can't I drive my truck?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Will it roll in any moving gear and not roll in park?

No gears will move the vehicle?

On your shifter does it say OD cancel or Tow/Haul?

Are you planning to do the diag and repairs yourself?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It will not roll in park, and it will roll in drive but it is parked on a slight hill. Otherwise, none of the gears will engage. There are no warning lights on the dash and no over heating. It doesn't say OD Cancel or tow/haul on the shifter. I will likely do the repairs myself as I need them done asap.

Thanks, ***** ***** it say on the end of your shifter or in the instrument cluster when the button is pressed?

Was there a sudden jerk or noise during the stall?

Do you own a hydraulic pressure gauge?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I appoligize, it does say Tow/Haul on the shifter, I have had very little sleep. There was no sudden jerk nor noise, the battery just turned off then on. And I don't own a hydraulic pressure gauge.

Since you do not have the tool we need to start this diagnostic process. Diagnosing prior to going into the transmission can not be done. This is going to be a likely failure of the pressure control solenoid, broken input shaft, or failed pump. With a pressure gauge we could rule some of these out.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris