Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My truck has a hard time starting up after being parked for

Customer Question

Hi, my truck has a hard time starting up after being parked for a couple of hours. In the morning and after work, I insert key turn the ignition forward and the engine cranks what seems to be too long until the engine turns over and idles perfectly. I've left the engine running for 15min then shut the engine off wait a minute and proceed to start the engine again and it starts right a way. My vehicle is a 2006 Ford F-250 6.0 turbo diesel 4x4 crew cab pickup. It seems that the pickup has a hard time starting right a way when the engine is cold or sits for a couple of hours. I've bought new batteries, alternator, glow plugs, glow plug harness, and glow plug control module thinking it would fix the problem and it did for about 2 months until the symptoms show up again. WTF can I DO to fix this???
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Yes its always in park.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 06 ford f250 6.0 turbo diesel 4x4
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I have installed new batteries, alternator, glow plugs(driver side) glow plug harness(driver side) and a glow plug control module.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Hello, are there any warning lights on? Is the truck all stock? How many miles are on the engine? Have you run a check for codes with a scan tool?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 month ago.

Hello, do you need help with this problem still?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my 06 f250 is still having hard starts, no warning lights on dashboard. what do you think the problem could be???