Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

99 f250 cranks and will run till put in gear(will also die

Customer Question

99 f250 cranks and will run till put in gear(will also die in idle and in park giving code today of 1670. tis problem started about 3 days ago and gottn progressivel;y worse before today it has given me a p1211 and a p0603
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 250k and 7.3
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 250 k miles and 7.3
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no]
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, P1670 is communication error between the PCM(powertrain control module) and the IDM(injector driver module)

Check fuel pressure for 50 PSI or greater.
In DATA, monitor engine RPM during engine cranking for greater than 150. Monitor Injection Control Pressure (ICP) for greater than 500 PSI and the Injection Pressure Regulator (IPR) for an initial starting value of 15% and increasing as cranking continues.
If all OK, gain access to the Injector Driver Module (IDM). Remove the connector and using 2 jumper wires and a sealed beam headlamp, connect headlamp to terminals 14, Dark Green/Light Green of the IDM connector for the power source and 26, Black/Pink of the connector for the headlamp ground. Cycle the ignition key on to energize the IDM relay and check headlamp for bright illumination. If dim or not lit, check IDM relay operation and for possible wiring concern from the engine compartment fuse box to the IDM.
If good illumination, replace defective IDM.

Expert:  Ray M. replied 3 months ago.

does the truck lack power even when driving down the road?

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The tech which was helping has opted out. Would you like me to help with this possible PCM issue? Is your vehicle altered from OEM in any way.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris