Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

The a/c blows good since I had the condenser replaced 3

Customer Question

The a/c blows good since I had the condenser replaced 3 weeks ago because it was leaking. Now, on a hot day while driving down the road the air is coming out warm but at a stop or very slow traffic it is okay
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: The a/c blows good since I had the condenser replaced 3 weeks ago because it was leaking. Now, on a hot day while driving down the road the air is coming out warm but at a stop or very slow traffic it is okay
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 03 Aviator
JA: Are you fixing your Aviator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm fixing it myself because I was a mechanic at one time.I just wrote you the repair that made it work twice.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you! What is your recommendation?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Yes, I would look for a clogged orifice tube, a stuck expansion valve or a problem with the compressor itself.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

You need set of ac gauges to look at the pressures with the ac on. The pressures will help a lot with diagnosing this problem.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Again,,, it works fine at lower speeds. The orifice would be more consistent not just one speed. The gauge readings on a hot day are: low 45 and high 250
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Is the system fully charged?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My cc company just alerted me that your company charged me an addt'l $23. I did not approve this!!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you trying to help more than one person at a time? I don't know why it takes you this long to respond
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't appreciate nor like the way in which you are dealing with me.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Yes they will charge you as soon as your question is responded to. You will need to contact customer service for a refund. I cannot help you with this, I am just a user of the site like yourself.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you haven't answered my questions yet,, ..? What kind of customer and expert are you?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** nice day. Hopefully you treat the other experts better than this. Good luck with your question.

Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

Different expert here.

I need you to hook the gages up, run them between the hood and cowl and tape them to the windshield and take a test drive. Note what the pressures are when it starts blowing warm and let me know what they were.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't do that until tomorrow now since the time has lapsed into my church time. Can I get a hold of you tomorrow? Or, do I need to wait until Monday?
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

I am here 7 days a week, so you get reach me here tomorrow. Just bookmark this page to return to it easily. I am here from around 8am to 9pm MST

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

you are welcome