kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I have a 2003 Ford Focus and it died when I turned in m

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ford Focus and it died when I turned in m drive. it rolled over one time on restart attempt. Now no lights ignition radio , nothing. battery now reads 8 volts. I checked all fuses under hood and dash. all good. Is there a fusable link somewhere?
Category: Ford
Expert:  kalamykid replied 8 months ago.

Do you have a battery charger or another car you can use to connect jumper cables to the ford so we can do some testing?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
but not home to do so. Can we go over what else I need to check so I can test over weekend

Nothing will work with such a low voltage to he battery. You need to charge the battery so it has 12 volts, then see if the car will start. If it does check the voltage at the battery with the engine running. If the voltage is less then 13.5 the alternator may be bad.