Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Sorry i lost my connection previously, I have a 2006 ford

Customer Question

sorry i lost my connection previously, I have a 2006 ford LCF cab over truck. it will try to start but will not turn over. there is a readout on the display that says "no ecm com" . Any idea what is causing this?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: both batteries are brand new.
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have put a battery charger on, checked all the fuses, checked all of the wiring harnesses I can access. do you know where the actual ecm is located on this unit?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i just want to locate the ecm
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

It is possible the PCM is bad or the PCM is not getting all the powers and grounds it needs. Do you have a volt meter and or scan tool and can you read wire diagrams?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris