Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

I have a 2007 Expedition EL 5.8L V8. I need to replace the

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Expedition EL 5.8L V8. I need to replace the radiator. Are there any difficulties with the transmission lines?
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: Unknown. We have only had it for a year. It has 218000 miles on it and it started to overheat last week pulling a trailer up a hill. Upon inspection of the radiator after it cooled down the passenger side front of the radiator is moist and there is a collection of fluid under that side of the radiator. I suspect it has developed a leak and I was planning on replacing the radiator.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am planning on replacing it myself. I have just started researching it. I am fairly handy but after viewing a couple of videos and forums, I wondered if the transmission lines require a specific tool to remove them.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: probably not.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** special tools are required and here are replacement instructions for radiator from manual. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.