Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I had a fuel cap error with a check engine light. changed

Customer Question

I had a fuel cap error with a check engine light. changed the feul cap and had the fuel vent assy replaced... drove the car 547 miles and on the last day I drove 60 mph with cruise on for five minutes and everything reset. when I took it to be inspected, it showed not ready codes. I drove another 250 miles and tried again and the same four not ready codes are intact.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: no lights, no errors, however, no reset for the system monitors. If something was wrong, I would get an error or a light. I have nothing...
JA: What is the model of your '60 Ford?
Customer: It is a 2003 Ford Explorer Limited, 4.6 v8
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The ford dealership I took it to say they don't have a clue and to bring it back when I get it fixed...
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I am told by locals there are way to make the car correct itself, but I don't know the patterns to make it do what it needs to do.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. What state are you in?

Hi, this is Josh just checking in to see if you have made any progress on your "not ready" problem.

Hi, it's Josh again checking in to see if you still need help.