john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field

I am trying to find my GPS and nit sure where it is I was

Customer Question

I am trying to find my GPS and nit sure where it is I was told it could be faulty
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2001 ford focus
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just happened as I was driving hone from school the check engine light went out so I got it checked out at AutoZone and they said that's causing the light to turn on
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It's been randomly overheating then cooling off but I'm not sure that is related
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I mistakenly put Gps but meant to put tps on the first wmquestion
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like to cancel my order
I figured it out
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 2 months ago.

shown in diagram

The Throttle Position (TP) sensor (Figure 42) is a rotary potentiometer sensor that provides a signal to the PCM that is linearly proportional to the throttle plate/shaft position. The sensor housing has a three-blade electrical connector that may be gold plated. The gold plating increases corrosion resistance on terminals and increases connector durability. The TP sensor is mounted on the throttle body. As the TP sensor is rotated by the throttle shaft, four operating conditions are determined by the PCM from the TP. Those conditions are closed throttle (includes idle or deceleration), part throttle (includes cruise or moderate acceleration), wide open throttle (includes maximum acceleration or de-choke on crank), and throttle angle rate.THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
The TP sensor monitors throttle position and provides an electrical signal to the PCM. It is monitored by the On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) II system for component integrity, system functionality, and faults that can cause emissions levels to exceed standards set in government regulations. For additional information on the TP sensor, refer to Electronic EC System Hardware-PCM Inputs.