Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Well I have a FORD F250 DIESEL SUPER DUTY and yesterday it

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: Well I have a FORD F250 DIESEL SUPER DUTY and yesterday it starting just doing a bunch of crazy stuff.. it's almost as if your turning the key on and off... the lights go on and off the instrument panel stops working no power winodws, mirrows or ac
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: fluctuates
JA: What year is your F250?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes praying to fix myself honestly
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: We have tried checking the altinator... tested the batteries and they are chagrining fine and cleaned all the fuses in the fuse panel
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any ideas what would cause this? I've had may people say it's a grounding issue
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

When this happens how long are these things off?

Does this effect the engine and transmission?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No the engine stays running

Remove the accessory delay relay under the dash. Jump a paper clip from pin 3 to 5 and attach a volt meter to this paper clip. Drive the vehicle and see if the concern is gone. If it still occurs, does the volt meter no longer show voltage on this wire when the electrical components drop out?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That didn't work

Can you tell me the results of the voltage test I asked about?