Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I've got a 96 f350 460 refi, I was driving on sunday and it

Customer Question

I've got a 96 f350 460 refi, I was driving on sunday and it started to act as if it was running out of gas then died and will not start.. it cranks and cranks and cranks... Ive replaced the ignition module, spark plugs, spark plug wires, complete distributor, fuel pressure regulator, and fuel lines. and still nothin.. the truck was running perfect up until it started to die..
JA: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 185k
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just listed it in the above message
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: umm i guess not
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
oh and I replaced the ignition coil and starter relay
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was the fuel pump replaced at all or fuel pressure tested at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
fuel pressure is where its supposed to be, I did not replace the fuel pump because I have two gas tanks and both ave their own pump and I get the same results with both tanks... I figured its pretty unlikely for both to fail at the exact same time..
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Have you tested for spark and fuel injector pulse signals at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I like the idea of talking but I don't get service where I am, Unless you have an iPhone and you can call me via FaceTime Audio.. that way it goes through my wifi and I can get calls...
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately I am unable to place this service myself here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

have you checked the crank shaft sensor yet ?

what are you missing fuel or spark or both?

how many miles ?

have you checked fuel pressure