Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

Was wondering if I could get some help I have a 05 150 and

Customer Question

Was wondering if I could get some help I have a 05 150 and all of a sudden the door locks stopped working my auto head lights stopped working no interior lights when you open the door and when you shut the truck off the radio will stay on you have to manually shut it off
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

HI there,

Do you have a test light or volt meter?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

Ok

Please give me a moment to look at a couple wiring diagrams and get a plan of attack. We will need to access the fuse box inside the truck.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

Need to start by checking fuses #6,18 and 40 for power. Not just that they are good, but that there is power on each.

These are all related to the power door locks.

Also check 30 amp fuse #107, this powers up the BCM which seems to be the problem here. Like to know if there is power on these and that they are not blown.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They both have good power and they are not blown
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

Is this a regular cab, super cab or super crew cab?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Crew cab lariat
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

Ok, going to have to get to the back wall on the driver side to check the body security module. We need to make sure there is power getting to it. You could also try and locate the following wires coming out of the fuse box and check them for power. It might make it a little easier to start there.

Light green/yellow stripe

Tan/white stripped and finally dark blue/orange stripe.

All of these should have power out of the box.

The fuse boxes on these trucks are know to have problems and fail. So, we know there is power in the fuse box, now we need to make sure it's getting out to the security module. This runs the door locks and the auto lights. Also, runs the horn relay from the looks of it.

Check it out and let me know. If there isn't power on these wires, then the fuse box is the problem and needs to be replaced.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Blue and Orang has power light green and yellow have power tan and white dose not have power
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

Ok

That is fuse #6, I also saw this fuse is the auto headlight wiring diagram. I think I would try pulling the fuse out, then put it back in and see if you get some power on that wire.

The problem is I can se all the wires going into the security module, but it doesn't tell me what power does what inside the module. If the wire still doesn't have power after messing with the fuse, you might be able to splice a power wire into that wire and see if there is improvement. If there is, like the power locks working, then you know the fuse box has to be replaced.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Spliced power wire in and still nothin
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

Ok, I think we are looking at a bad body control module then. I am sending a diagram of it's location. I suggest disconnecting the harness connectors and check for corrosion.

This isn't something we can really test without a scan tool.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need to remove the back seat
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

yeah, it's going to be behind the back seat panel on the extra cab trucks.

look at the list of things this controls however.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No corrosion looks to be In good shape
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

Ok

I do not think we can go any further on this without a scan tool that can make the bcm do the things it is suppose to do. For all that you lost at the same time I really can't see it being anything else, but I don't want to see you spend money on it if it's not diagnosed correctly.

Curious the one wire didn't have power and you should be able to check those wires going into the module and make sure the power is getting to the module now that it's open, otherwise, think you need a new bcm

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My mistake on the tan and white wire it dose have power I was checking wrong one just checked and all three have power at bcm
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

Ok, well we have eliminated it being an issue with the fuse box and with the wiring from the box to the bcm, it looks to me like it needs a new bcm.

I believe a new one will have to be programmed. At the very least the key fob for the remotes will have to be programmed. I don't see any bulletins or recalls on it either, I have looked.