Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

High beams and fog lights won't turn on. Small fuses and

Customer Question

High beams and fog lights won't turn on. Small fuses and bulbs I just checked. Found the high voltage fuses, but could not figure out how to pull them out or know what to look for once I do
JA: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?
Customer: Yes..but the high voltage fuses I could not figure out how to pull out or what I would look for once I do? Nbr 49 and 50 are what I wanted to check
JA: What is the model of your '50 Ford?
Customer: Explorer 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to fix myself yes. I have checked the fuses under the dash border. And disconnected the batteryear and checked the smaller ones under the hood. All the wires going into the headlamps look ok too
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I also pulled out the bulbs and the looked good. No break in the wire
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

are you talking about the fuse under the hood

can you take a picture and send it here so i can see what you looking at on the fuses ?

please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Fuses 49 and 50 are what I want to check. In the box under the hood.I have already checked the smaller amp ones.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pic
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pic 2

those fuse looks good, they have a screw on bottom that is why it is hard to pull it out

I want you to check the DRL relay in the diagram i sent you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7qan7vrjd2i4gl/File%20Aug%2016%2C%205%2038%2027%20PM.png?dl=0

Chad

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6pmivgunwkke34/File%20Aug%2016%2C%205%2041%2015%20PM.png?dl=0

and check relay C1000 & C1050

C1000 = Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) Really

C1050 = High Beam Relay

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I pull them out and what am I looking for? Also the spot for the c1000 as you can see from my pic is empty...

ok so you dont have drl light option , that is why it is empty

ok how about the high beam relay have you checked it ?

and there is a fog lamp relay in that box

if these are good , then you go to headlight switch ,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
do I just pull really hard to get those relays out? Like I said I can't seem to get them out and I need to know what you want me to look for once I do?

no you have to flip the fuse box and unscrew the small holding screw for the big fuse ,you want be able to pull out with out it will break

1

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok..well there is no obvious way to do that. (Flip the fuse box). So I'll just take it in.

you have to take the fuse box out of its place by unscrew the attaching screws , i m sorry ,I wish there was another way to pull them out i would tell you