Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

The electric passenger seat will not recline and is now

Customer Question

The electric passenger seat will not recline and is now stuck all the way forward. I have a 2011 F250.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I hope to. I removed the fuses to check if they were blown and they looked fine. I tried to move the seat in a neutral position and then thought if it were put in the complete forward position it would release and be able to move it back - bad thing to do!
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: I only check the ones under the seat as the other movements work for the seat.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

Is your seat a 6 way power seat?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Okay thank you for that. The fuse that power the seat is the F9 (30 AMP) located in the under hood fuse panel so start first with making sure its not blown. If it checks okay then you are going to need to check for power in and out of the switch with a 12 volt test light and or a volt meter. I have enclosed the wiring diagram in the link below to do this. Have a look and post back if you have more question on the testing and I will walk you through the steps.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20seat%20Ford%20Aug%2016.pdf