Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I drove through a small puddle of rain and my car stalled i

Customer Question

i drove through a small puddle of rain and my car stalled i let it sit over night but its still jerking hard and not wanting to accelerate, can you tell me what to do?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello Chris, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

Did you get the engine wet?

Is your check engine light coming on since you drove through the water?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i dontknow if the engine got wet but i do know light has been oin for months
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
like when i mash the accelerator all it does is get to just under 2 rpms and the it will jump back down.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Okay before we do anything else can we need to start with having the computer system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the light comes on. Most part store such as Auto Zone will do this at no charge . Can you get this done and post back with the results>

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i cant right now im at work but what do you think the problem is? what does it sound like to you?
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

It can be any number of things and any thing I say at this point would be a guess at best. If you can get the code scan done and post back with the results that will avoid any guessing and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok welli cant really get it scanned because i cant drive it to an autoparts store
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Okay , with out a scan I would be guessing and I do not want you to have to replaced any unneeded parts. If you can get it scanned and return with the fault codes I can help you from there.