Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2003 F150 The ABS light is on and the Ford dealer said it is

Customer Question

2003 F150 The ABS light is on and the Ford dealer said it is the proportional valve
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: just the ABS
JA: What is the model of your '03 Ford?
Customer: 2x4 crew cab
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. Just starting my research
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the Ford Dealer said that the parts were around $2,000 and it was not worth fixing because of the age of my truck and the miles on the truck +200,000
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

The ABS light comes on when the system sees a fault and when this happens the system will set and store a fault code, before you replace any parts do you know what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the dealer said it was a proportional valve and the parts would cost over $2,000 so I am trying to figure out if that is it I can look at the codes later today when I have a break
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

If you can get me the fault codes that would be very helpful to determine the cause. Lets do this before you replace any parts and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok, will do Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Post back when you ready and we can work from there.